Voices Creating Change
Voices Creating Change is a semi-annual collaborative event in which Omaha Children's Choir gives voice to the issues of our time. We use music as a tool to inspire social change in our community; a tool that can open our eyes to other cultures, open our emotions to different perspectives, break down social barriers, and unite people of all backgrounds. We use the power of people, art, and collaboration to tell the stories of organizations doing life-changing work. Omaha Children's Choir donates 100% of our Voices Creating Change proceeds to a chosen nonprofit organization doing important work in our community.
At the inaugural Voices Creating Change concert in March 2017, Omaha Children's Choir collaborated with Magdalene Omaha to educate the community about human trafficking. Through generous donations, we raised $2,087 to support Magdalene Omaha in assisting survivors of human trafficking. An additional donor matched our total dollar for dollar, bringing the total to $4,087. What an amazing feat!
Applications and nominations for our Fall 2017 Voices Creating Change performance are now closed.
Fall 2017 Voices Creating Change EVENT INFORMATION
The beauty of Voices Creating Change is developing a completely organic community and musical event each time--no two VCC series are the same! This fall, the Omaha Children's Choir and Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands is looking forward to hosting the following events:
- Thursday, October 12, 2017, from 5 - 8 pm - location TBA
- Community Volunteer Drive - join us for bonding with others, food, laughs, and to complete your passport to discover all the great things about being a big or little (prizes are included!)
- Sunday, October 15, 2017 - location TBA
- Pre-Concert Presentation (3 pm) - members of the BBBS staff will discuss their work with community-based mentoring; Amanda Stevenson will talk about the repertoire selection process for this concert
- Collaborative Concert (4 pm) - an exciting hour-long event with music by OCC and stories from those who have been affected by the BBBS program
As always, all OCC events are free and open to the public. However, because we anticipate large attendance numbers, we recommend arriving early to the concert to reserve your seats. If you would like to purchase reserved seating tickets, they are 120 available via the link below for $5 each (limit: 4/person); we also ask that you RSVP to the event (free tickets) via the link below.
The Omaha Children's Choir is honored to announce the Fall 2017 Voices Creating Change nonprofit beneficiary: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands!
With a mission similar to our own, BBBS works to "[provide] children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever." Our staff and choirs are so excited to collaboratively design ways to tell the story of their important work in the community!
Join us for our fall Voices Creating Change concert on Sunday, October 15, 2017, starting at 4 pm or come early to hear a short presentation about BBBS' meaningful work in the community!